Join Our Team
Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Managerr
Reports To: National Director, Sales & Operations
Department: Orbis Clinical, a Division of PharmaLogics Recruiting
Job Class: Exempt
The Business Development Manager sells the staffing process of Orbis Clinical by obtaining, securing, and sustaining business with professionals within the biopharmaceutical industry. This position focuses on promoting Orbis's contract consulting services to companies within the Life Sciences marketplace.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Promotes and sells Orbis business by gaining contracts for services and initiating, developing, and maintaining professional relationships with decision-makers (such as Directors, Vice Presidents, and C-Level executives) in Life Sciences organizations at biopharmaceutical companies nationwide
- Travels frequently to offsite biopharmaceutical companies in order to accomplish and exceed sales goals
- Transforms sales leads into actual business by providing individualized attention to each company/client and maintaining an exceptional level of customer service, in order to uphold current business and produce additional sales opportunities
- Utilize Salesforce CRM/Target Recruit ATS to track prospects and customer relations, sales opportunities, and account management
- Demonstrates an uncompromising, motivated, and energetic attitude when contacting sales leads and securing sales and contracts
- Serves as a valuable resource for clients regarding the Life Sciences marketplace, contract consulting solutions, and staff augmentation
- Consistently achieves or exceeds sales plans
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- College degree required
- At least three (3) years of business experience, preferably in Life Sciences and/or consulting services
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently within the assigned territory/area of business in order to generate and maintain sales
- Experience in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong active listening and interpersonal skills; strong orientation toward providing quality service to clients
- Must have solid sense of independence, yet thrive in a team environment
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
PharmaLogics Recruiting’s mission is to be the number one bio-pharmaceutical recruiting company in the world, by placing top talent at companies devoted to the development of medicine that improves and saves lives. Founded in 2003, PharmaLogics offers full time international placement services and is the first company to offer innovative hiring solutions such as our Anti-Fee Model within the Biopharma industry. We have grown by over 200% and were named to the INC 5000 fastest growing private companies list in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 2018, and 2019. PharmaLogics maintains a US headquarters in North Quincy, Massachusetts and a European headquarters in Basel, Switzerland.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
PharmaLogics Recruiting encourages the individuality of all of our employees. #YouBelong at PharmaLogics the way you are regardless of your race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran or marital status.
If you’re interested in learning more send your resume to Joelle Travers at email@example.com.